Massage therapy does more than make you feel good, it can actually help your body achieve balance and health. Massage therapy offers a natural treatment approach which actually relieves musculoskeletal pain for many patients. Our chiropractic office provides specific massage and muscular therapy that is complimentary to their chiropractic care. Each massage therapy plan is tailored to meet the patient's unique pain condition or injury. The benefits of massage therapy may include the increase of blood circulation, a localized reduction in swelling and the relaxation of muscles. Massage has been known to relieve muscle pain and spasms, increase a patient's range of motion, while also aiding in a patient's recovery. Some investigative studies have even indicated that a single session of massage may help boost your immune system.
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage Therapy is the hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues and joints of the body for the purpose of assessment and treatment. Specifically, it is the manipulation of muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints for the treatment and prevention of pain and physical dysfunction.
Philosophy of Care
Massage Therapy is based on the premise that physical dysfunction and pain arise from imbalances within the soft tissues of the musculoskeletal system of the body. The goal of Massage Therapy is to develop, maintain or augment physical function. Treatment incorporates a variety of approaches to bring the musculoskeletal system back into balance. Massage Therapy is an effective form of treatment on its own or in conjunction with other forms of therapy.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Decreased muscle tension
- Increased ranges of motion and mobility
- Improved soft tissue health
- Improved muscle and nerve function
- Increased immune system function
- Decreased pain levels
- Improved circulation
- Improved lymphatic draining
- Improved digestion
- Overall sense of relaxation and well-being
Who can benefit from Massage Therapy?
The benefits of Massage Therapy can be experienced by everyone at any age, no matter what your current health status or physical condition. Massage Therapy has been shown to be particularly beneficial for the following people and conditions:
• infants and children
• pregnant women
• work and posture related conditions (eg. repetitive strain injuries)
• chronic pain (eg. fibromyalgia)
• fatigue (eg. chronic fatigue syndrome)
• headaches & migraines
• musculoskeletal conditions (eg. sprains, strains, tendinitis, sciatica)
• arthritic & degenerative conditions (eg. osteoarthritis)
• rheumatic diseases (eg.rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus)
• stress related health problems (chronic muscle tension)
• cardiorespiratory conditions (eg. asthma, emphysema, edema)
• mental conditions (eg. depression, anxiety)
• physical disabilities (eg. paralysis, spasticity)
• sleep disorders (eg. insomnia)
• TMJ problems
• and many more ...